It’s that time of the year again where our skin decides it doesn’t want to cooperate with our efforts and doesn’t want to drink up our expensive skincare products like they usually do. We’re talking about dry, flaky, scaly, annoying, winter skin.
First, is your skin dry or dehydrated?
Yes, there’s a difference! Dry skin means a lack of oil. Fewer oil-producing glands are on the face/body, and when you lack sebum, your skin is without the lipids it needs to keep moisture in and won’t be able to build a strong barrier to protect itself against external aggressors like the cold, dry, weather in the winter. Dehydrated skin happens due to lack of water, and is how some people might have an oily complexion but also have dry-looking, dehydrated skin. All that anti-aging skincare you’ve worked hard to maintain? It’ll go down the drain if you don’t properly give your skin the special attention it needs during the colder months. When your skin is in direct need of moisture, it not only makes you look tired, it’s also playing grounds for fine lines and wrinkles!
The perfect facial treatment for winter skin
We love efficiency and immediate results, and you probably do too. DiamondGlow is a 3-in-1 advanced treatment that’ll exfoliate, extract, and infuse all in one go. It’s ultra-hydrating, skin brightening, and pore clarifying. It’ll take off all the dry, flaky, dead skin on your face, unclog any congestion, and replenish with a targeted serum.
After your consultation with our esthetician, they’ll customize your treatment by choosing from five SkinMedica serums:
– SkinMedica Brightening serum helps improve the appearance of pigmentation
– SkinMedica Pore Clarifying serum addresses skin imperfections and enhances skin clarity
– SkinMedica Hydrating serum gives your skin a moisture boost
– SkinMedica Vitamin C serum provides a barrier against free radicals
– SkinMedica TNS serum helps improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, skin tone, and texture
Not only do you see glowing results instantly post-treatment, but our esthetician will also show you how much dirt and build up your face had via the gunk jar. Yeah, it might be a little gross, but we gotta admit, it’s so satisfying! You’ll walk in with dull, dry, dehydrated, tired-looking skin, and walk out with a baby-bottom-smooth, radiant face.
(To book a consultation, email us at [email protected])
If you’re not exfoliating at least once a week, you’ll need to start. Dry skin will stay dry without some buffing. There are many ways of exfoliating off dead skin cells. Mechanically using a facial scrub or chemically using Vitamin A, or other acids. Or if your skin is severely dry, skip the exfoliator and go with a wet washcloth for a gentler option.
Use products with Hyaluronic Acid
If your skin is prone to irritation and inflammation
4 quick tips for body hydration
1) Stay away from hot showers and keep your body cream – not lotion -in the shower to apply right after you shower
2) Look for an ingredient called ceramide. It will help heal cracked skin, and fill in between skin cells and enhance self-repair
3) Internal hydration is just as important! Keep your body hydrated with lots of water, and water-rich fruits and vegetables. Our go-to juice every morning is with celery, spinach, and cucumber.
4) Drier the air, drier the skin. Place a humidifier where you spend the most time to prevent cold, dry air from sucking out the moisture from your skin.
Just as you would layer on your comfy, cozy clothes for the winter, make sure you layer on the right skincare treatments and products for your skin. Taking the proper preventative measures and maintenance is always worth it! If you have any questions about your winter skincare, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Phone: (720) 900-4523
Email: [email protected]